Welcome


Welcome to the blog for www.FEMINIST-CULTURAL-ACTIVISM.net

This blog offers a very simple way for people coming to the carnival to chat beforehand.

If you wish, use the blog to introduce yourself before the carnival by adding a comment to the post 'INTRODUCTIONS'.

Or, if you are arriving in York early, arrange to meet up with others – York has many wonderful cafes and pubs. And if you are from York, perhaps you can advise visitors as to the best places to eat, drink and visit. Use the post 'VISITING'.

To offer or request links or to share accommodation, leave a comment in the 'SHARING' section.

Be safe - meet people in public places, and check out any sharing buddies beforehand.

The carnival team are looking forward to meeting everyone for what promises to be an exciting and thought-provoking event.

best wishes,

Ann, Geneva, Joan and Jo

Thursday, 27 January 2011

Introductions

One way to find out about presenters is to read the Abstracts and Biographies.

For more informal introductions open to everyone - presenters and those participating in other ways - leave a few words about yourself in the comments below.

5 comments:

Julia Triston said...

Hi! I'm Julia Triston, the artist who will be leading the workshop to create the knicker bunting on Thursday 3rd March, at the carnival of feminist cultural activism. Thanks for the knickers you have sent me so far. Today I feature in an article about the knicker bunting in The Northern Echo: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8849439.Women_to_shed_their_knickers_for_carnival/
Please keep the donations coming!

Holly said...

Hi everyone! My name's Holly Kent, and I'm going to be presenting about my current project on feminist pop culture bloggers. I run a blog myself, Back on Carrie's Stoop, which deconstructs Sex and the City from a feminist perspective (you can find it at backoncarriesstoop.blogspot.com), and am currently circulating a survey to feminist bloggers about their work. If you might be interested in filling out the survey, or know anyone who might be, you can find it at the following link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFhZdlc1c2FjNnJ0MlR6dWpyZXI0OWc6MQ

Greatly looking forward to the carnival!

Julia Triston said...

Thanks for all the knickers so far! Your donations are exactly what I wanted - all different shapes and sizes and states of wear and tear. The knickers are coming in from all over the place - this week I received some from Australia. The stories are honest and will powerfully represent those who have donated. Donations can be still sent to me for another week, after that please bring yours along to the carnival.

Annalytica said...

Hi! My name is Ann Domoney and I'll be performing radical queer feminist burlesque with Lashings of Ginger Beer on Saturday. As well as a burlesque show, we also have a new blog at http://lashingsofgb.blogspot.com
I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all!

Gloria Okemuo said...

Hi!I'm Gloria Okemuo,though I'm blogging late, do come and listen tomorrow to feminist poetry from 12.30 to 1.30pm. Hoping to see you then!